I wanted to share with you today my favorite lipsticks. Lipstick is one of my makeup bag staples and I don’t go out with it, day or night!
I always tend to go towards neutrals with a hint of sandy rose or blush tones during the day.
I go towards more warmer tones especially at night times.
I’m not shy to wear red lipstick, I think it brightens up the face and your whole look especially if you are going softer on the eye makeup, it creates a nice balance.
But even with Red lipstick you want to choose the shade that’s just right for you, there are shades that go a bit towards “orangy” color and the ones that are deeper like red wine tones,
You also wanna ALWAYS use a lip pencil with red lipsticks to stop the lipstick from bleeding or feathering, otherwise it gets real messy!
I like both glossy and matte looks, so that will depend on my mood and style that day, but I feel the lighter nude colors tend to make the lips look a bit dry so I think adding a little gloss on top makes it look a lot better but you can always add little chap stick if you don’t like the gloss.
- Ruby Woo by Mac: My all time favorite when it comes to red lipsticks. It’s a matte finish, blue-red color.
- Lolita By Kat Von D: Amazing staying power, this color will not move anywhere and plenty of shades to choose from.
- Rouge velvet edition by Bourjois: I am a big fan of this collection. It’s a great creamy texture and stays on for hours, they have 16 shades to choose from and #04 is my go to shade.
- Blow up by Tom Ford: This is a bit pricey but if you wanna splurge a little you will love this collection, with many pretty shades to choose from and great pigment quality.
- Raw chocolate by Maybelline: Intimatte nudes is another great drugstore collection and you’ll find dupes to many pricey ones on the market.
- Lip Ligerie by NYX: This is another great budget friendly brand. The colors in this collection are amazing, but it does feel dry on the lips so you might want to apply chap stick before applying the lipstick.
- Charlotte Tilbury pillow talk: I love everything about Charlotte Tilbury products from the packaging to the quality of the products. Pillow talk is a nude pink matte that suits many tones.
- Velvet Teddy by Mac: A deep tone beige color that I use lot. Also great for a no makeup -makeup look.
I’ve listed all these lipsticks below if you wanna check them out, I hope you like the collection!
let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions and what’s your favorite go to lipsticks. Later!